Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

Definition: Chromatography is a method of separating out materials from a mixture.
Eg. blood, ink, drugs,

Scenario
A crime has been committed. The police have a signed cheque and a letter from the same crime scene but it seems like the handwriting is different. They have 3 suspects but not enough evidence. They need to know if the letter and the cheque were written by the same person.

How do they tell if the pens used for both of these pieces of evidence are the same?

Related imageRelated imageImage result for chromatography



Rainbow paper

Materials;

1.
2. one cup
2. G.paper
3. 
4. 
5. 
6.
Process:



Step 1:  Grab a cup, and some G. paper
Step 2: Draw 1 cm on the G. paper
Step 3: Put dots of what colours you want you G. paper to turn into.
Step 4: Put water in the cup
Step 5: Put the G. paper in the cup.
Step 6: WATCH THE MAGIC HAPPEN.. and wait.


Conclusion: What have I learnt from this experiment?




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful- how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.